Some scams are easy to see, but others might look like a worthwhile investment opportunity. Here are some crypto red flags to look out for.
What is Tron?
Tron is a decentralised blockchain network headed up by the ambitious, outspoken Justin Sun. The project supports smart contracts and high throughput and offers developers an operating system on which decentralised applications (DApps) can be built and executed.
June 2018 saw the Tron blockchain move from an Ethereum-based project as an ERC20 token to its own blockchain.
Read more about Tron in this coin profile.
How to create a Tron wallet
Sign up for a free Coindirect account and you will automatically get a free Tron online wallet . You can use your Tron wallet to buy, sell, store, send (withdraw) and receive (deposit) TRX.
How to create Tron address?
Once you have signed up for a free Coindirect account all you need to do press the ‘Receive’ button to reveal your Coindirect Tron wallet address.
Where to buy Tron with a credit card
- Sign up for a free Coindirect account.
- Find your Tron Wallet and click the ‘Buy’ button in your Tron Wallet.
- Select “New VISA Card (EUR)” or “New credit card (NGN)” if you are in Nigeria.
- Enter EUR value of Tron you want to purchase (more than the minimum limit) or the Tron amount you want to buy and then click ‘Preview Buy’.
- You will receive a quote, press ‘confirm’ before the timer runs out (counts down from 55 seconds).
- Type in your credit card details and pay.
- You will be taken to a page to verify your transaction.
- Finally, you will be redirected back to your Coindirect Wallet once the payment is successful.
How do I purchase Tron from my bank account?
If you are in South Africa or in Europe in a SEPA country you can deposit ZAR and EUR into your Coindirect ZAR Wallet or Euro Wallet respectively.
To fund your account you have to transfer money using bank transfers. To get the funding instructions so that your account is credited:
- Go to your ZAR/EUR wallet and click the “Fund now” button. Alternatively, click the Fund tab in your Coindirect wallet and click on “Transfer Now”.
- Select the bank to transfer to from the drop-down menu to get payment details and the reference you should use (highlighted in blue).
- Transfer the money from your bank account into the account shown on the screen then wait for the bank transfer to be processed (0-3 business days depending on the bank).
- Once the funds reflect in your ZAR wallet, go to your Tron wallet and click “Buy” and select “Wallet (ZAR)” or “Wallet (EUR)” as you payment method.
Where can I sell my Tron?
You can sell Tron from your Coindirect wallet by clicking the ‘Sell’ button in your Tron wallet.
If you are in a SEPA region or South Africa. You can sell your Tron and instantly get money transferred to your Wallet (ZAR or EUR).
If you are in another region with no local currency wallet. You can sell your Tron by creating a sell offer on the marketplace.
You now know how to buy Tron instantly from almost anywhere in the world. Make sure to download the Coindirect App to trade Tron from the palm of your hands.
Credit card limits
Please note that Coindirect has limits for credit card purchases in place.
Make sure that your account is verified so that your credit card purchase limits are increased.
Currently, the limits for credit card purchases are:
Unverified users – €175 – €500
Verified users – €890 – €1000
If you are interested in inviting your friends to join Coindirect to buy Tron using a debit or credit cards, be sure to send the invite through the Earn programme. When they sign up to Coindirect, both of you will receive 5 XRP for free when they perform their first transaction.