While legislation and decentralisation might not go hand-in-hand, Bitcoin adoption might thrive with more regulation.
What is NEO?
“Digital Assets + Digital Identity + Smart Contract = Smart Economy”.
The NEO project is a non-profit which utilizes blockchain technology with the intention of creating a “smart economy”. This is based on the idea of developing a secure and private platform on which users can automate their assets through smart contracts.
How to create a NEO wallet
Sign up for a free Coindirect account and you will automatically get a free NEO online wallet. You can use your NEO wallet to buy, sell, store, send (withdraw) and receive (deposit) NEO.
How to create NEO address?
Once you have signed up for a free Coindirect account all you need to do press the ‘Receive’ button to reveal your Coindirect NEO wallet address.
How to buy NEO with a credit card
- Sign up for a free Coindirect account.
- Find your NEO Wallet and click the ‘Buy’ button in your NEO Wallet.
- Select “New VISA Card (EUR)” or “New credit card (NGN)” if you are in Nigeria.
- Enter EUR value of NEO you want to purchase (more than the minimum limit) or the NEO amount you want to buy and then click ‘Preview Buy’.
- You will receive a quote, press ‘confirm’ before the timer runs out (counts down from 55 seconds).
- Type in your credit card details and pay.
- You will be taken to a page to verify your transaction.
- Finally you will be redirected back to your Coindirect Wallet once the payment is successful.
How do I purchase NEO from my bank account?
If you are in South Africa or in Europe in a SEPA country you can deposit ZAR and EUR into your Coindirect ZAR Wallet or Euro Wallet respectively.
To fund your account you have to transfer money using bank transfers. To get the funding instructions so that your account is credited:
- Go to your ZAR/EUR wallet and click the “Fund now” button. Alternatively, click the Fund tab in your Coindirect wallet and click on “Transfer Now”.
- Select the bank to transfer to from the drop-down menu to get payment details and the reference you should use (highlighted in blue).
- Transfer the money from your bank account into the account shown on the screen then wait for the bank transfer to be processed (0-3 business days depending on the bank).
- Once the funds reflect in your ZAR wallet, go to your NEO wallet and click “Buy” and select “Wallet (ZAR)” or “Wallet (EUR)” as you payment method.
Where can I sell my NEO?
You can sell NEO from your Coindirect wallet by clicking the ‘Sell’ button in your NEO wallet.
If you are in a SEPA region or South Africa. You can sell your NEO and instantly get money transferred to your Wallet (ZAR or EUR).
If you are in another region with no local currency wallet. You can sell your NEO by creating a sell offer on the marketplace.
You now know how to buy NEO instantly from almost anywhere in the world. Make sure to download the Coindirect App to trade NEO from the palm of your hands.
Credit card limits
Please note that Coindirect has limits for credit card purchases in place.
Make sure that your account is verified so that your credit card purchase limits are increased.
Currently, the limits for credit card purchases are:
Unverified users – €175 – €500
Verified users – €890 – €1000
Introduce your friends to trade and invest in NEO through Coindirect using the Earn programme tab. If you share the link, they can sign up and when they transact you will both receive 5 XRP for free.