Welcome to the third episode of the CoinInsider.com podcast, Coin Dive!
In this episode, we talk to Vinny Lingham about his views on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash, explore his stance on new cryptocurrency projects, and unpack Civic’s direction.
Tune in – questions we asked during this interview:
- How do you feel about the nickname you’ve earned? Bitcoin Oracle?
- You didn’t start out in bitcoin or cryptocurrency. You’re from a small city in South Africa and your first big success was Yola a website building platform. Tell us how and why you entered the world of cryptocurrency.
- Tell me how you see the world right now – do you think Bitcoin and the broader cryptocurrency space is really going to change the world in the way we all think? Why?
- You famously stood for/behind and entrenched in the Bitcoin community for years. It seems you have started to put your support behind Bitcoin Cash recently. Why?
- Have you met Roger Ver in person? What do you think of his approach to marketing/promoting Bitcoin Cash? Is Bitcoin Cash not suffering the cult of personality?
- What is the Bitcoin community fundamental screwing up right now?
- Are you still holding BTC?
- Let’s talk about Bitcoin Foundation – you are a board member at the foundation, practically what does the foundation do and what is your role?
- What are some of the most interesting blockchain business you’ve seen?
- Are there any industries that the blockchain community isn’t thinking about yet? Are there some gems being missed?
- Who is the one person you’d like to have lunch within the community? Not Satoshi.
- Lastly, give our listeners an update about your secure identity startup, Civic. How has adoption been? How did the token sale go? What’s next on the horizon?
Join us each week!
Coin Dive catches up with leading luminaries in the cryptocurrency space and explores the ideologies and viewpoint of those right at the beating heart of the blockchain industry. Join our CEO and host, Nic Haralambous, on CoinInsider.com and through our SoundCloud page.