Welcome to the eighth episode of the CoinInsider.com podcast, Coin Dive!
In this episode, we talk to Jameson Lopp about his views on Bitcoin, altcoins, decentralization, and get his opinion on who Satoshi Nakamoto might be.
Tune in – questions we asked during this interview:
- What did you do before Bitcoin?
- You talk about that one friend of yours that introduced you to bitcoin – how’s that guy doing? Is he finally committed to cryptocurrency?
- Can you remember the exact moment that you realized that cryptocurrencies were the going to be as massive as they are?
- You call yourself an Anarcho-Capitalist. You’re vocally against aggression against yourself and others. How does this tie into the crypto space and your interest in Bitcoin?
- There’s a lot of talk in this space – particularly recently on our show – on what constitutes a decentralized currency. What’s your view? Is Bitcoin the only decentralized currency? Do you feel any altcoins, projects, or ideas show promise?
- I want to talk about safety and security in Crypto. I’m not talking about your private keys, I’m talking about your recent focus on personal safety. What brought this on?
- You’ve said in the past that on the high-level money is a concept that belongs to humanity at large so humanity should have input into the definition of money. – Do you think that this is actually the case right now? Or are there just a bunch of rich dudes defining the rules right now?
- Do you think that there’s a time for altcoins to break out and move away from the movements of bitcoin? What’s that tipping point that needs to take place?
- You seem to have a passion for educating people about this space, is that what inspired the Bitcoin resource on your website?
- Let’s talk Twitter. I’m going to read some of your tweets to the audience listening and I’d love for you to explain these tweets in the most simple way possible:
- “There is no such thing as value. Rather, there are only closed-loop behavioral systems. It’s inputs and outputs all the way down.”
- “Governance need not necessitate government.”
- “Folks who don’t understand that it’s possible to buy a fraction of a bitcoin shouldn’t be buying any in the first place.” – Aug 2017 surely this one you want to take back?
- “While weasels will always be afoot, cryptocurrency is based upon consensus mechanisms that work because there are more good actors than bad.”
- If you could remove a single person from the industry forever, who would it be and why?
- If you had to sell all of your Bitcoin right now, what one cryptocurrency would you purchase and why?
- Tell me your favorite project in this space right now? The one getting it right and doing something amazing.
- Do you have any theories about who Satoshi is?