Welcome to the twelfth episode of the CoinInsider.com podcast, Coin Dive!
In this episode, we speak to Samuel Williams from blockchain project Arweave. This episode is proudly brought to you by the Alchemist Blockchain Techstars Accelerator. Applications are open until the 28th of October, for more information visit Techstars.com.
Tune in – questions we asked during this interview:
- What did you do before Arweave and the advent of cryptocurrency?
- How did you meet your co-founders?
- Tell us exactly what Arweave does as though we were five.
- Explain a little more, as though we were on your website and you were trying to sell the product to someone.
- You guys went through the Techstars programme
- If you had to single out a unique lesson that TechStars left you with, what would it be?
- Do you think that other blockchain startups should consider engaging with accelerators, especially ones like Techstars?
- You did an initial coin offering (ICO) earlier this year, is that correct? Do you think that going with the Techstars programme helped with the fundraise?
- In your opinion, what do you think of the future of ICOs as a funding method?
- On your whitepaper, you mention something called a “proof-of-access”. Can you tell us what that means, as though we were five?
- How would we have access to a randomly chosen block?
- One of the things that we believe is problematic right now is the level of adoption for protocols like the one you’re building. Can you tell us a bit about the client’s use of the network such as user numbers, any sort of apps that are interesting?
Moving into the last section – the quickfire question:
- If you could have dinner with one person (and not Satoshi), who would it be and why?
- If you could remove a single person from the industry, who would it be and why?
- If you had to sell all of your crypto-holdings and put it into a single cryptocurrency, which would it be and why?
- Where can we find you and what can we look forward to in the future?