Choosing the right wallet depends on how much you value security, convenience, and control of your private kety.
What is Digibyte?
How to create a Digibyte wallet
Sign up for a free Coindirect account and you will automatically get a free Digibyte online wallet. You can use your Digibyte wallet to buy, sell, store, send (withdraw) and receive (deposit) DGB.
How to create a Digibyte address
Once you have signed up for a free Coindirect account all you need to do is press the ‘Receive’ button to reveal your Coindirect Digibyte wallet address.
How to buy Digibyte with a credit card
- Sign up for a free Coindirect account.
- Find your Digibyte Wallet and click the ‘Buy’ button in your Digibyte Wallet.
- Select “New VISA Card (EUR)” or “New credit card (NGN)” if you are in Nigeria.
- Enter EUR value of Digibyte you want to purchase (more than the minimum limit) or the Digibyte amount you want to buy and then click ‘Preview Buy’.
- You will receive a quote, press ‘confirm’ before the timer runs out (counts down from 55 seconds).
- Type in your credit card details and pay.
- You will be taken to a page to verify your transaction.
- Finally, you will be redirected back to your Coindirect Wallet once the payment is successful.
How do I purchase Digibyte from my bank account?
If you are in South Africa or in Europe in a SEPA country you can deposit ZAR and EUR into your Coindirect ZAR Wallet or Euro Wallet respectively.
To fund your account you have to transfer money using bank transfers. To get the funding instructions so that your account is credited:
- Go to your ZAR/EUR wallet and click the “Fund now” button. Alternatively, click the Fund tab in your Coindirect wallet and click on “Transfer Now”.
- Select the bank to transfer to from the drop-down menu to get payment details and the reference you should use (highlighted in blue).
- Transfer the money from your bank account into the account shown on the screen then wait for the bank transfer to be processed (0-3 business days depending on the bank).
- Once the funds reflect in your ZAR wallet, go to your Digibyte wallet and click “Buy” and select “Wallet (ZAR)” or “Wallet (EUR)” as you payment method.
Where can I sell my Digibyte?
You can sell Digibyte from your Coindirect wallet by clicking the ‘Sell’ button in your Digibyte wallet.
If you are in a SEPA region or South Africa. You can sell your Digibyte and instantly get money transferred to your Wallet (ZAR or EUR).
If you are in another region with no local currency wallet. You can sell your Digibyte by creating a sell offer on the marketplace.
You now know how to buy Digibyte instantly from almost anywhere in the world. Make sure to download the Coindirect App to trade Digibyte from the palm of your hands.
Credit card limits
Please note that Coindirect has limits for credit card purchases in place.
Make sure that your account is verified so that your credit card purchase limits are increased.
Currently, the limits for credit card purchases are:
Unverified users – €175 – €500
Verified users – €890 – €1000
Earn Ripple XRP while you’re at it. Share a unique link through the Earn program on Coindirect’s platform and when they sign up and perform their first transaction, you will both receive 5 XRP.